10 WAYS PLAY IS POWERFUL - Part 2
We know play is essential to the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical well-being of big and little people and it's often something we take for granted, in the Western world. Look at our own GOF Kidogo (means little), flying through the air while all the other girls are filled with such exuberant energy. In Kibera slums, where they live, there is no field to run or a grassy patch to play Super Girl, to test their limits and see if they can fly.
Therefore #PlayMatters because:
6. Play lays the foundation for literacy. Kids learn new sounds, practice new vocabulary and exercise their imagination through storytelling.
7. Play allows kids to discover space. To practice physical movement, balance and to test their own limits.
8. Play builds their own judgement. Learn to make decisions through collecting data, observation, and engaging in others opinions.
9. They take risks and build their courage muscle. Learning to move through fear is one of the most important life-lessons. Aristotle said. "You will never do anything in this world without courage.
10. It's just pure fun and joy! I don't know about you, but most of my childhood memories involve play.